Homeowners insurance policies exclude coverage for flood and/or rising waters.  Mortgage companies require flood insurance to be purchased if the home is in a declared flood zone.  Flood insurance may not be required but certainly is available and should be considered for those outside a flood plain.  Flood insurance is sold through private insurance companies and agents, and is backed by the federal government.  Excess flood insurance may also be available at an additional premium.


Contact us for more information.